Birthday wishes for dad have got to be heartfelt and capable of expressing your gratitude for them. Fathers are one of the most influential people in your life, and you know that they would do anything to bring a smile to your face. So on his birthday this time, why not bring a smile to his face by sending a sweet message.
Read on for some birthday wishes you feel most closely connected to and send them to your father on his special day.
Happy Birthday Dad Quotes
Writing a beautiful and soulful message to your dad is not an easy task. There are so many feelings you bear in your heart; try some of these ideas.
- “I know I wasn’t always the perfect child. Thanks for fixing the little things I broke and for showing me how to correct my own mistakes as I grew. Enjoy your birthday today. I love you!”
- “Father, happy birthday! I hope this year brings your most exciting adventure yet! Celebrate today and always.”
- “When I need some support, you’re there. When I need some guidance, you come. You are the best dad in this world. Happy birthday.”
- “Happy birthday. Thank you for always being there to lend a helping hand. I hope today brings you lots of love, happiness, and smiles, dad!”
- “No matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, I would never be able to thank you enough for all the love and care you have filled my life with. You are my hero, my icon. I wish you a very happy birthday!”
- “You can always seem to make me crack a smile even when I’m at my lowest. Thank you for bringing so much laughter into the world. Happy birthday, my best man.”
- “Happy birthday daddy. Thank you for guiding me how to deal with the big stuff and for teaching me how to let go of with small stuff. I love you!”
- “Dear daddy, you taught me the small ways on how to increase happiness in our lives, thanks for that. Have a great birthday!”
- “You made my future brighter than a billion lights, and I can never thank you enough for that. Happy birthday.”
- “Happy birthday dad, I would be lost without you.”
- “I love how even after all these years you are still chasing your dreams. You are an inspiration to all of us, dad. Happy birthday!”
- “When I see you smile, the whole world lights up. Thanks for being so great. Happiest birthday dad.”
- “I hope that for your birthday every hope, wish, and dream you have comes true today. If anyone deserves such happiness, it would be you. Happy birthday, my loving father.”
- “No one brings a smile to my face as much as you do. Your joy, wit, and sparkle are incredibly appreciated, dad. And today is your day. Have a blast, happy birthday!”
- “Dad. You have such a free and cheerful spirit. I hope your birthday is as filled with cheer as you are!”
- “Whenever I feel like I have lost my way, I know exactly what to do: Call you. Happy birthday, dearest dad.”
- “Dad, you are my hero. I wanted to take today to say thank you, I love you, and happy birthday!”
- “Thank you, for all the stories you read, all the lessons you taught, and all the patience you had. I love you. Happy birthday, dad!”
- “It’s because of you that I strive to be better. Thank you, dad, for believing in me and pushing me to do my best. Wish you a very happy birthday.”
- “Yet again, I find myself at a loss trying to come up with the perfect words on your big day, but you already know what I’m about to do before I do it most of the time anyway. Thank you for creating our special bond, happy birthday dearest father.”
- “I wait a long 364 days to finally get to this special one when I can wish you a happy birthday and see your big smile.”
- “With the joy I see on your face today; I want to celebrate every day as your birthday. Happy birthday, daddy.”
- “Dad, happy birthday to you. I could never find a gift that would measure up to the love you have showered on me.”
- “Dear dad, your soul is pure, your heart is priceless, and your wisdom is astounding. Happy growing, happy birthday!”
- “Your heart is made of diamonds, and I hope they glitter on you forever, dad. Happy birthday!”
- “Blow out the candles with the knowledge that you are the best father a child could ask for! Happy birthday, father!”
- “Today, I celebrate you, dad. Thank you for being such an incredibly fun and loving father. I am so proud to be your child. Happy birthday.”
- “Daddy, we wish that you stay strong and healthy, responsible and selfless, all for the reason of genuine love for us. Happy birthday!”
Birthday Wishes for Dad from Son
Sons and fathers have unique relationships with their sons. It’s more formal and yet full of love. Here are some birthday wishes a son can use for his father.
- “From helping me up when I fell to taking me out for practice after I missed the winning goal, you’ve taught me never to give up. I owe my success in life to you, and can’t wait to take you out for your birthday.”
- “Dad, you are charming, intelligent, with a great sense of humor. I guess it really is true that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Happiest birthday to you.”
- “I may have been tough, but you have always been tougher, dad. Stay like that; I love you! Happy birthday.”
- “No matter how old you become, you will still be my best friend, dad, after all, with whom am I going to watch the game on Sunday night if it’s not with my beloved dad? Happy birthday!”
- “It is a fact that you are miles away from me, dad, but it is also a fact that despite everything, you are constantly in my heart and mind. I wish you all the best in the years ahead. Happy birthday.”
- “Another year older, but still looking sharp. Guess I know where I got my good looks from! It’s nice to know I’ll age well. Happy birthday, dad!”
- “You worked so hard to make sure I could have a better life. You did so much to make sure that we had everything we needed as a family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am really proud of you dad, happiest birthday to you.”
- “Thank goodness looks are genetic. I hope I look half as good as you do at your age. Have a great birthday, and don’t forget to stop by the mirror and celebrate that you get better looking every year.”
- “Dad, I don’t know how you do it, but you make things look easy. Thanks for being awesome at life. Happy birthday!”
- “Happy birthday, dad. May you keep aging in grace. Have a phenomenal day.”
- “Dad, my gratitude for all the love that you have shown me over the years is immeasurable. God bless your new age. Happy birthday.”
- “Every birthday you have means another year you made our lives special! Thank you, dad.”
- “I grew up wanting to be just like you, dad. And today, if I can even be half of the person you are, I would consider myself to have achieved something remarkable. Happy birthday, my dearest father.”
- “This day reminds us that a man like you was born to take care of a family, love them unconditionally, be able to forgive and be a shield to his household. Happy birthday our hero!”
- “Dad, your birthday is just another day of the year, but this is the day that I get to celebrate how lucky I am to have such an amazing father. Thank you and happy birthday dad!”
- “You’ve put up with me at my worst and celebrated me at my best. Happy birthday to the best father in the world!”
- “The older I become, the more I have realized that a dad like you is as rare as the desert rose and just as beautiful as well. On this birthday of yours, let me tell you that I’m forever grateful to have you as my dad. Happy birthday, dearest father, I love you so much!”
- “From fishing to barbecues, sports, and computers. There is nothing you can’t do! You’re like a super dad! And that is why I admire you! Happy birthday!”
Birthday Wishes for Father from Daughter
For a daughter, her father is the most reliable friend, guide, and a hero. Let’s help you wish your dad a happy birthday from his daughter!
- “Dad, every girl’s dream is to have a kind and understanding father. That’s why I am lucky to have you. Happy birthday!”
- “To my dearest papa, you are my compass. Thanks for always showing me the right path and for guiding me in the right direction. Love you and happy birthday!”
- “Daddy, no matter how much I have grown, I will always be your little girl. May you have many more birthdays to come. Happy birthday.”
- “Beloved dad, you are the only person that I know who does his very best whenever he can. Thank you for being a wonderful mentor and hero to me. I am looking up to you still. Happy birthday.”
- “Have a happy and glorious birthday, Father. Your kind of love and care would surely elevate any family. We celebrate you, sir.
- “For my sweet dad, happy birthday. Thanks for being there to hold my hand. You are the best dad I could ever ask for.”
- “People tend to call their fathers superheroes. But superheroes tend to disappear, and you’ve always been there for me. So my dad isn’t a superhero, he is a super dad! Happy birthday!”
- “Beloved dad, you are a wonderful mentor and hero to me. I am looking up to you even now. Happy birthday.”
- “You, my king, always make me feel like I’m a princess. A wonderful birthday to my wonderful man. Love you, Daddy.”
- “There isn’t a throne suitable enough for a king like you. Happy birthday, dad!”
- “You gave me the greatest gift in the world by loving me unconditionally and making me believe in myself. With every day that goes by, the stronger I believe that you were sent from Heaven to make my life on earth paradise. Happy birthday.”
- “Dad, you are the King of my castle today and forever. Thank you for constantly bringing me peace and making me sane in this crazy world. I love you with all my heart, dad. Happy birthday.”
- “Every time I choose to do the right thing in life, I try to remember that it was you who taught me the merit of that. Thanks for passing on your values as well as your love. Happy birthday, dad.”
- “Thank you, dad, for being the rock I can stand on when I feel like I’m falling apart. You’ve always been there for me when I needed you. For your birthday, know that I love you very much. A warm, happy birthday.”
- “Happy birthday, father & guide. Thank you for being the lighthouse that keeps me safe during the storms of life.”
- “Dad, happy birthday! You’ve always been an amazing father. Now, I’m glad to say; you’re an even more amazing friend.”
- “A loving father like you deserves to have nothing but all the happiness and beauty in this world. May God bless your beautiful heart and soul with happiness all the days of your life. Happy birthday.”
- “Here’s to you dad, the first person I call when I get into trouble! Happy birthday, I love you.”
Funny Birthday Wishes for Dad
Fathers are also cool and their jokes brighten up a dull day. Why not make him laugh while wishing him on his big day? Check these out.
- “Dad, you are just like a busy student. You’ve got a lot of class. Happy birthday!”
- “Dad, happy birthday. I hope today is a day full of love and relaxation. You deserve it. After all, you’re a real catch.”
- “If I had a dollar for everything I love about you, I’d be rich! Happy birthday to a million dollar dad!”
- “Hey, dad! You taught me to grill a perfect steak, and that’s what I’m doing this weekend for you. Looking forward to seeing you on your big birthday!”
- “I will always look up to you, even when I eventually become taller than you. Happy birthday, my sweet father.”
- “Thanks for all those times you didn’t tell mom. Just know you’ve got a lot of favors you can call in, dad. Happy bright birthday!”
- “When I was a kid I had to look up to you because you were so much taller. Now that I’m older, I look up to you because you are an amazing man. Happy birthday, dad.”
- “Happy birthday to the man who had my best interest at heart, even when I was too dumb to realize it. Love you.”
- “With age comes wisdom, that’s why I’m always bugging you with questions! Happy birthday to the most helpful dad.”
- “Your birthday only comes around once a year, but luckily your amazing dad skills are 24/7. Happy, happy birthday!”
- “Sure, you may be a little bit older, but that’s no reason you can’t act like a kid! Have fun on your birthday dad.”
- “Happy birthday pops! If you want, I can cover you so that you can sneak off with your old buddies.”
- “A father of your caliber deserves more than a happy birthday. You deserve a stupendous, breathtaking, extraordinary birthday! Unfortunately, we didn’t plan a birthday on that scale. But just know you deserve one!”
- “All these years later you still know how to party, keep rocking dad. We love you. Happy birthday!”
- “Happy birthday to the dad that can build anything, fix anything, and deal with any problem. You are my superhero.”
- “There are good dads and great dads. But for your birthday I just want you to know that you take daddying to a whole new level. Happy birthday, cheers!”
- “Relax dad, have a drink and put your feet up. It’s your birthday, and we are going to take care of you.”
- “Dad, I know you have the heart of a child. But stop trying to steal a bite of the cake before we sing Happy Birthday.”
- “Happy birthday dad. May all your fish be big, your beers cold, and your teams win.”
- “Happy birthday to the puniest dad in the world! Thanks for all the laughs and the groans.”
- “Dad, you’re one in a million. No, one in a billion. Actually, one in a trillion. In other words, you’re one of a kind. The best, most loving kind. Happy birthday!”
- “Who needs an instruction manual for life when I have you! Happy birthday and thanks for all the great advice over the years!”
- “You put up with me while growing up. That automatically qualifies you for dad of the century. Happy birthday and thank you for your vast amounts of patience!”
- “Wear your gray hairs proudly dad. They are memories of all our times. Thanks for bearing it all, happy birthday!”
- “As you get older you’ll start forgetting lots of things. Just never forget how much I adore you. Happiest birthday to the best dad!”
- “When I think about the golden oldies, I think about you! Happy birthday, dad!”
You may send unique birthday wishes for dad over text that can remind him of the beautiful moments you had together. A message conveying your love and care for him could make his day more special. Heartfelt notes are the best way to communicate your feelings for your beloved father. You may add lines that express your bond with him and how he motivates you at every step of the way. Your father can be proud and happy knowing how he could influence you.
1. How can I wish my dad a happy birthday?
You could either make a handwritten note sharing your thoughts about your father or make a video with your siblings and express how you feel being the children of the best father. Some other ways you could try are planning a surprise birthday party and sharing your wishes in front of everyone or gifting something he always wanted to have but postponed buying. Pick any way that could make your father feel special and loved.
2. What should I write for my dad’s birthday?
What should I write for my dad’s birthday?
Hope you spend a great time with your dad this year and in the coming years. Share your experience with us.
Was this information helpful?
The following two tabs change content below.
Kalpana Nadimpalli graduated in English Literature and Psychology. Her fascination for the corporate world made her do a Masters in Business Administration from Andhra University. Being a mother of two boys, she could naturally fit into the shoes of a writer at MomJunction. She wrote articles on new parenting and relationships. Previously, Kalpana worked as a product information specialist and... more
Mary C. Ray has decades of clinical experience in dealing with people and healing their traumas. She supports couples and individuals in opening up to their problems and supports their transformation from conflicts to growth. She got trained/ holds certificates in Imago, EMDR, Somatic Experiencing, and, Relapse prevention. As a Certified Sex and Couples Therapist, Mary helps couples lead better... more
- “Hope all your birthday wishes come true!”
- “It's your special day — get out there and celebrate!”
- “Wishing you the biggest slice of happy today.”
- “I hope your celebration gives you many happy memories!”
- “Our age is merely the number of years the world has been enjoying us!”
- “When my father didn't have my hand… ...
- “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song.” — ...
- "A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely.” —
- 01“I could not have wished for a better friend, companion, and father. ...
- 02“You have always been there for me in time of need. ...
- 03“If not for you, I would not be where I am today. ...
- 04“I am at a loss for words when I try to express what you mean to me.
- Uphold traditions. Whether you enjoyed just a few years together or 50 years, you and your spouse or partner probably had birthday traditions. ...
- Write a letter. ...
- Visit the grave. ...
- Light a candle. ...
- Join together. ...
- Create a memorial video. ...
- Create a memorial site. ...
- Make a donation.
- Write your parent a letter. ...
- Gather favorite pictures. ...
- Gather or speak with a family member. ...
- Enjoy entertainment or a restaurant they liked. ...
- Create a memorial. ...
- Give or raise money in their name for a charity.
- Today is your birthday in Heaven above. ...
- I want you to know that even though you are no longer here, I think about you every single day. ...
- You are still a big part of my life, if only in spirit. ...
- We all miss you each and every day, but especially today.
May God bless you on your birthday, and always. Happy birthday to you! Today I celebrate the life that God has given you, and give thanks to Him for the many blessings you bring to my life. May the LORD bless you on your birthday, and may your day be filled with joy and your year full of many blessings.What should I write on birthday card? ›
- Happiest of days to you!
- Enjoy your birthday.
- Hope you have the best birthday.
- Sending you all the best wishes on your birthday.
- Cheers to a lovely birthday.
- Cheers to you!
- Wishing you all the best on your day.
- It's your special day; enjoy it!
“My dad is special because he is kind and loving. He listens to me when I have problems. He taught me how to do lots of things. My dad spends a lot of time at work, but when I do see him I have lots of fun.What words describe a father? ›
Wishing you a very happy birthday! The Strength You Carry Within Touches My Soul Too, So On Your Very Special Day, I Wish You The Universe Of Happiness, A Very Happy Birthday. Someone as special as you deserve happiness every single day, but even more so on your birthday.How do I write a birthday message? ›
- I hope your celebration gives you many happy memories!
- Enjoy your special day.
- Have the best birthday ever!
- Wherever the year ahead takes you, I hope it's happy.
- The day is all yours — have fun!
- Thinking of you on your birthday and wishing you everything happy.
- “Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing dad.” – ...
- “Dear Daddy, no matter where I go in life, you'll always be my number one man.” – ...
- “There is this girl who stole my heart and she calls me Daddy.” – ...
- “A father holds his daughter's hand for a short while, but he holds her heart forever.” –
- He is protective: ...
- Affection is his middle name: ...
- A wall of trust and security: ...
- The source of encouragement: ...
- Has the patience to listen: ...
- Provides the necessities of life: ...
- Respects the mother of his children: ...
- Spending time with him is fun for kids:
I love my dad for so many reasons, but what stands out the most in my heart is the way he has always believed in me, supported me, guided me, and loved me unconditionally. He has always encouraged me to just be me and to not suppress who I am for anyone and that is more than I could have ever asked for in a father.What is father's love? ›
I believe that God gives us the greatest example of a father's love. His love is sacrificial, patient, kind, humble, honest, forgiving, faithful, and selfless. It is constant and unchanging. Those are the things I not only want my life to be about, but I want to make certain my kids know and feel from me.Why is my dad a hero? ›
A father works his best to give you a decent and comfortable life. From teaching you important life lessons to being your biggest supporter, your dad makes sure to mold you into a great individual. He is your go-person for any troubles in life, and he constantly strives to protect and love you unconditionally.What it means to be a father quotes? ›
“A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.” “The most important thing in the world is family and love.” “Fathers, like mothers, are not born. Men grow into fathers and fathering is a very important stage in their development.”How do you make your dad feel special? ›
- Go Ziplining. Does your dad love a good adventure? ...
- Have a Pizza and Video Game Bash. ...
- Do His Chores While He Gets a Massage. ...
- Go on a Road Trip. ...
- Buy Tickets to His Favorite Event. ...
- Play Like Kids. ...
- Go on a Food Tour. ...
- Drive a Race Car.
- Surprise Him. Dads love surprises from their children and family. ...
- Joke and Act Silly with Him. Some days can be silly days. ...
- Organize Dad's Ties. Ties are a traditional Father's Day gift. ...
- Make Something for Him. ...
- Plan a Big Night Out – Even if You Cannot Go.
Think about and write down examples of where you really needed your father and he wasn't there and the times you really missed him. But at the end of the letter, put a positive spin on things. Tell your dad how you learned how not to be a man from him, and how he made you work harder to turn out differently.What is birthday Dad about? ›
Birthday Dad - Nestflix. A dad who died on his birthday visits different people on their birthdays to help them work through their own issues.What are different ways to say happy birthday? ›
- You sustained one more year. ...
- I wish you a happier birthday than anyone else has wished you.
- Didn't we just celebrate this like a year ago?
- You sustained one more year. ...
- Don't count the candles, enjoy your day.
- Happy you day.
- Age is just a number.
- I'm glad you were born.
Dearest Dad, I hope you enjoy your 50th birthday just as much as you enjoyed your 21st! 38. I have your back on more than ever. Go out and have fun on your birthday, Dad - it's all on me!What should I write in my dads card? ›
- “I love our family, and I love you.”
- “Happy Father's Day to the man of my heart, the father of our children, the love of my life.”
- “Thank you for all the ways you go above and beyond every day for our family. ...
- “I'm so grateful to be sharing life, love and parenthood with a wonderful man like you.”
- Bake a Delicious Cake & Prepare His Favorite Meal. ...
- Go Down the Memory Lane and Play Some Games. ...
- Design a Hand-made Gift. ...
- Guitarist on Call. ...
- E-greeting Card. ...
- Surprise Cake and Gifts Delivery. ...
- Organize a Virtual Party.
60th Birthday Wishes For Dad
Happy 60th birthday, Dad. Doubtless my heart will love you for as long there's life in my body. Wishing the most loving father in the universe a fantastic 60th birthday. Dad, may your big day shine like your outstanding life.
"A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely.” "Some people don't believe in heroes, but they haven't met my dad." "Having a kid is like falling in love for the first time when you're 12, but every single day." "Daddies don't just love their children every now and then, it's a love without end."Which day is Happy Fathers Day in 2022? ›
Though it is majorly a western tradition, Father's Day celebrations have garnered much prominence in India and several other parts of the world too. This year, Father's Day will be celebrated on June 19, 2022.How do you write a heart touching birthday? ›
Wishing you a very happy birthday! The Strength You Carry Within Touches My Soul Too, So On Your Very Special Day, I Wish You The Universe Of Happiness, A Very Happy Birthday. Someone as special as you deserve happiness every single day, but even more so on your birthday.
10 Sweet Birthday Quotes
You're not one year older, you're one year better. Wishing you everything that brings joy in life. The day you were born was the best day of my life. It may be your birthday, but you are a gift to me.
What is a Golden Birthday? Your golden birthday is when the date of your birth coincides with your age. For example, if you were born on October 8, your golden birthday took place when you turned 8. If you were born on December 21, your golden birthday took place when you turned 21.Is 50th birthday Golden? ›
Turning 50 has also been considered a golden birthday year, and many people choose to decorate with black and gold. Any of the above ideas can be easily translated to a 50th birthday party—just go extra big on the 50th birthday invitation, golden birthday gift, and cake!